We are working and most orders are going out the same day if placed before 12 noon. The post is still getting through albeit not as quickly as normal so give it an extra day or two - Free UK delivery to all areas. Overseas delivery is £4.95 and is sent using Airsure Expedited delivery. Stay safe and well, you are all valued customers.
Binding the Rug
1. Trim round the raw edges of the fabric to leave a border of about 2˝ (5 cm) all round.
2. Cut diagonally across the 4 corners ½˝ (1 cm) away from the weaving.
3. On the front of the rug, stitch the binding to the base fabric on all the sides, as close to the weaving as possible, Use backstitch.
4. As you sew what will be the top edge of your rug, place the pieces of ribbon, folded in half, at intervals along it and stitch them in, leaving the loop sticking out. (If using as a wall hanging)
5. Turn the rug over and trim away excess braid at the corners.
6. Fold the braid down onto the wrong side and backstitch it to the reverse side of the rug, leaving the corners until last.
7. At the corners trim the braid carefully. Fold the pieces down and stitch them together .The corners should not be bulky.
You have now finished your rug!