Hi to all my customers, past and present! Holidays are now over, thoroughly enjoyed and batteries recharged! We have lots of new exciting designs in latch hook and cross stitch waiting to be uploaded, so keep your eyes peeled! If you have seen a kit on another site that is not currently showing on mine, just let me know and if possible I will add it to the stock order. As always, it is free postage within the UK, £8.95 in EU and £10.95 outside of the EU. The price is a flat rate postage and stays the same no matter how many items you order. Please be aware that any customers outside of the UK must make themsleves familiar with the new customs charges as orders going out of the UK now attract a tax on import and VAT.
Binding the Rug
1. Trim round the raw edges of the fabric to leave a border of about 2˝ (5 cm) all round.
2. Cut diagonally across the 4 corners ½˝ (1 cm) away from the weaving.
3. On the front of the rug, stitch the binding to the base fabric on all the sides, as close to the weaving as possible, Use backstitch.
4. As you sew what will be the top edge of your rug, place the pieces of ribbon, folded in half, at intervals along it and stitch them in, leaving the loop sticking out. (If using as a wall hanging)
5. Turn the rug over and trim away excess braid at the corners.
6. Fold the braid down onto the wrong side and backstitch it to the reverse side of the rug, leaving the corners until last.
7. At the corners trim the braid carefully. Fold the pieces down and stitch them together .The corners should not be bulky.
You have now finished your rug!