Thank you for your continued support during these strange times. We are continuing to provide a quick turnaround on all orders and our stock levels remain fairly healthy! Royal Mail have small pockets of delays around the country but nothing more than a few days so hopefully most if not all orders are still getting through in a couple of day. Dont forget, it is still free UK delivery and £7.95 to Europe and £8.95 rest of world deliveries.
Binding the Rug
1. Trim round the raw edges of the fabric to leave a border of about 2˝ (5 cm) all round.
2. Cut diagonally across the 4 corners ½˝ (1 cm) away from the weaving.
3. On the front of the rug, stitch the binding to the base fabric on all the sides, as close to the weaving as possible, Use backstitch.
4. As you sew what will be the top edge of your rug, place the pieces of ribbon, folded in half, at intervals along it and stitch them in, leaving the loop sticking out. (If using as a wall hanging)
5. Turn the rug over and trim away excess braid at the corners.
6. Fold the braid down onto the wrong side and backstitch it to the reverse side of the rug, leaving the corners until last.
7. At the corners trim the braid carefully. Fold the pieces down and stitch them together .The corners should not be bulky.
You have now finished your rug!